Free Domain Name Ideas
Here are a couple of tips and ideas that may help you devise a successful domain name to host your website on.
A good domain name (and brand name) must be:
- easy to say (pronounce),
- easy to type (and not mistype),
- preferably short, and
- easily memorable.
If possible, avoid hyphenation. Google knows where the word boundaries are. If you absolutely have to hyphenate, never ever use more than one hyphen. Maybe one hyphen is OK; but two only in domain punycode.
Don't use overly general and broad phrases. At all costs avoid existing trademarks and service marks developed by other parties.
If the name you want is already taken (and, say, not actively used, only parked), then you might prepend or append one of the following affixes to your desired domain name:
- my, the, e, i, s, you, top, best, all, free — classics;
- pink, blue, red, … — color; mostly meaningless, but very vivid;
- talk, club, board — for discussion boards and forums;
- voice — for discussion forums or an non-opinionated blogs;
- world, focus, guide, zone, link, pros, watch, 101 — for a general portal on certain topic;
- now, news, today, hot, first, fresh, daily, quick, bit, bite, wire, info, trend, buzz — for aggregating news sites or blogs;
If you know of an ingenious prefix/suffix to add, please don't hesitate to drop us a line.